The High School Diplomats (HSD) program, currently in its 30th year, brings American high school students together at Princeton University for a 10-day cultural and educational exchange program with students from Japan. Students will experience 10 days paired with a Japanese roommate, engaging in social activities, cultural presentations, and classroom instruction. Participation in this program promises to be an extraordinary experience…an experience which many students describe as “the best 10 days of my life.”
- The HSD Program offers a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to 40 American participants. Room, meals, course work, activities, and transportation from the Virginia area are included in the scholarship.
- All current sophomore and juniors are encouraged to apply. Japanese language familiarity/experience is not a pre-requisite. The HSD Program gladly accepts students with no experience in Japanese language or culture.
- The HSD Program’s academic curricula is managed and instructed by current and former Princeton University faculty.
- The HSD Program will take place from July 26th – August 6th, 2016 on the campus of Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey.
- Program applications must be postmarked by January 8th, 2016.
- Interviews for the 2016 HSD Program will be conducted in March 2016.
- HSD is sponsored by AIU Insurance Co. of Tokyo, Japan and the Freedom Foundation, and is in affiliation with the National Association of Japan-American Societies (NAJSA).
For more information and the 2016 application please visit http://www.highschooldiplomats.com/america.php