As we begin the new school year, GHS administrators have a few procedural reminders for students and parents:
- Please review the Goochland County Public Schools Code of Conduct regulations regarding dress code and other school policies. Attach link
- Per federal regulations, no outside food vendors are allowed to sell or distribute food during school hours. Our cafeteria staff has worked extremely hard to provide our students with different food options.
- If a student plans to be absent from school or needs an early dismissal, we ask that his or her parent or guardian contacts the school by 10am. A simple phone call will suffice. See the attendance letter attached.
- The high school student drop off area is located in the back stadium parking lot. Take advantage of the short line in the back, as opposed to joining the middle school drop off line in the front.
- As we are unable to provide supervision after school, students are asked to leave campus prior to evening activities. Any student who wants to stay after school must be accompanied by an adult.
- Students who attend classes in the GTech building will need to meet in the front bus loop once the bell rings for the block. We have a shuttle bus that will pick-up and drop-off students throughout the day. Students are not allowed to drive to GTech except with explicit permission from an administrator.
- Students taking at class at J. Sergeant Reynolds will need to fill out the form attached to this email if he or she wants to drive or ride with someone else. Otherwise, we will provide transportation for students.
Our team will continue to work with our students and parents during the first few weeks of school to clarify school expectations regarding school policies and procedures. We want to ensure that we provide our students with as few distractions to the learning environment as possible. We look forward our continued partnerships with our students, parents and community members to uphold the standard of excellence at Goochland High School.