Here is a video detailing information about receiving your MacBook.
Archives for August 2017
Student parking passes will be on sale each day this week during lunch in the cafeteria and will be required in order to park in all school lots by Wednesday, September 6. Students requesting a parking pass need to have paid the $75 parking fee and will need to turn in a 2017-2018 Student Parking Registration form. The fee can be paid online or in person to Mr. Snow.
As we begin the new school year, GHS administrators have a few procedural reminders for students and parents:
- Please review the Goochland County Public Schools Code of Conduct regulations regarding dress code and other school policies. Attach link
- Per federal regulations, no outside food vendors are allowed to sell or distribute food during school hours. Our cafeteria staff has worked extremely hard to provide our students with different food options.
- If a student plans to be absent from school or needs an early dismissal, we ask that his or her parent or guardian contacts the school by 10am. A simple phone call will suffice. See the attendance letter attached.
- The high school student drop off area is located in the back stadium parking lot. Take advantage of the short line in the back, as opposed to joining the middle school drop off line in the front.
- As we are unable to provide supervision after school, students are asked to leave campus prior to evening activities. Any student who wants to stay after school must be accompanied by an adult.
- Students who attend classes in the GTech building will need to meet in the front bus loop once the bell rings for the block. We have a shuttle bus that will pick-up and drop-off students throughout the day. Students are not allowed to drive to GTech except with explicit permission from an administrator.
- Students taking at class at J. Sergeant Reynolds will need to fill out the form attached to this email if he or she wants to drive or ride with someone else. Otherwise, we will provide transportation for students.
Our team will continue to work with our students and parents during the first few weeks of school to clarify school expectations regarding school policies and procedures. We want to ensure that we provide our students with as few distractions to the learning environment as possible. We look forward our continued partnerships with our students, parents and community members to uphold the standard of excellence at Goochland High School.
On Thursday August 24th and Friday August 25th, GHS will distribute MacBook Airs to students during their english class. Students, please make sure you turn in your Acceptable Use Form and Code of Conduct signature page to your homeroom teacher prior to Thursday. If you haven’t already paid the $50 laptop insurance fee yet, you can use our online payment system. See the attachment for directions on how to use our new OSP system. Remember, GCPS is picking up the service fee!
We are excited to participate in the GCPS Solar Eclipse Activity, sponsored by the Goochland Education Foundation. Parents and students are asked to fill out an OPT-IN form by 7:00am to participate. If you are unable to fill out the google form, students can bring in a signed letter granting participation to his or her homeroom first thing in the morning. We will not accept notes after 9:00am, so please assist us with getting them in early. For students participating, their 4th Block teacher will provide them with glasses. Students who choose not to participate will be supervised in an alternative location. It’s going to be an amazing experience for all!
GHS will host their annual Back To School Night on Thursday, August 17, 2017 from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. The list of activities include:
- PTSA Meeting from 4:00-4:30pm (Includes all Students, Parents and Teachers)
- Students and Parents will report to Homerooms following the PTSA Meeting to receive:
- Code of Conduct Signature Page
- Acceptable Use Forms
- Schoology Sign-in Information
- Authorization to Pick Up Forms
- Fee Collection in room C143 using our new Online Payment System
- Parent Technology Information Meetings (i.e.- Schoology, Power School, Social Media, etc.)
- Community and Club Fair in the Cafeteria
- School Counseling will be open for scheduling mistakes and gaps
- CTE Apprenticeship Meeting at GTech from 7:30-8pm
We are excited to welcome everyone back for the 2017-18 school year! It promises to be the best year yet!