We hope that everyone enjoyed the snow days and had the opportunity to make good use of the time off. Due to the altered schedule this week, we have decided to postpone many of the activities scheduled. Here are the updates:
- The “Minding Your Mind” assembly has been postponed until February. We will follow up with the new date and time once we have one confirmed with the Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation.
- The basketball games against Amelia scheduled for tonight have been postponed to tomorrow night. The boys will play at Amelia and the girls will play at home.
- The wrestling match versus Varina has been postponed. We will follow up with the rescheduled date once it has been confirmed.
- Musical auditions for the spring musical have been postponed to next week. On Tuesday, January 17th, we will hold Dancing/Day 1 Acting and Singing Auditions from 3:30 to 5:30pm. On Wednesday, January 18th, we will hold Day 2 Acting and Singing Auditions from 3:30 to 5:30pm. On Thursday, January 19th we will hold callback auditions from 3:30 to 5:30pm. NOTE: ALL AUDITION TIMES WILL STAY THE SAME.
- The Fall Athletic Awards Assembly scheduled for Thursday night has been postponed with a date and time to be determined.
- We plan to distribute report cards on Friday morning through Day 2 Block 1 classes.
- As a reminder, we will operate on a half-day schedule on Friday, January 13th. I have attached the GHS half-day schedule for reference. Additionally, all GCPS schools will remain closed on Monday, January 16th in observation of the federal holiday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the main office at (804) 556-5322.
Thanks, and GO BULLDOGS!