GRAB AND GO BREAKFAST PROGRAM
How does it work?
- Each day, breakfasts are packaged for students to grab and go.
- Available either from the cafeteria or from mobile kiosks in the hallways.
- Once students grab their breakfasts, they can go either to a common area in the school to enjoy their breakfasts while socializing with their friends or they can go right to class. After the instructional bell rings, students will have 10 minutes to finish up their meals.
What are the advantages of Breakfast on the Go?
- Traditional breakfast in the cafeteria does not meet the needs of many students.
- Less than one-fourth of the students who eat lunch at school eat breakfast at school.
- Students who do not eat a nourishing breakfast are not able to concentrate well, become irritable more quickly and show hunger-related symptoms such as headaches and stomach aches.
- When Breakfast on the Go is served, every student is able to start the school day ready to learn. This continues throughout the morning without hunger-related disruptions.