Theme: Learning Peacemaking from Nature
The natural world has many examples of plants and animals living together cooperatively. Find and describe one or more instances of this. What lessons about cooperation and peacemaking could humans learn from nature? How might we apply those lessons to peacemaking in our families, our community and our world?
- First Prize — $100
- Second Prize — $50
- Third Prize — $25
- Five Honorable Mentions — $10
Prizes awarded in 4 grade divisions: K-2, 3-5, Middle (6-8), and High School (9-12)
- Open to elementary, middle, or high school student in Virginia.
- Prizes awarded at each school level: K-2, 3-5, Middle (6-8), and High School.
- Entries judged on content, composition, style and grammar, with emphasis on the content and creativity of the ideas expressed.
- Deadline for entries: April 25, 2016
- Submit two copies of each entry, along with completed entry form. (Visit http://www.rpec.org for the entry form or pick up in School Counseling)
- Each entry must be the original work of the student author.
- Winners will be notified on or before June 1, 2016
Mail or deliver entries to: Essay Contest, RPEC, 3500 Patterson Ave., Richmond, VA 23221