- Aug. 31st – Freshmen Class Meeting – Bulldog Block
- Sept. 1st – Sophomore Class Meeting – Bulldog Block
- Sept. 2nd – Juniors Class Meeting – Bulldog Block
- Sept. 3rd – National Guard Lunch Visit
- Sept. 3rd – Deadline to Register for Oct. 3rd SAT Test
- Sept. 3rd – Seniors Class Meeting
- Sept. 4th – Deadline to upload photo for the Sept. 12th ACT Test
- Sept. 7th – Labor Day – Offices Closed
- Sept. 7th – Deadline to submit application for Jones T-Shirts Scholarship
- Sept. 10th – Underclassmen Pictures
- Sept. 10th – Reynolds Community College Visit
- Sept. 11th – Senior Picture Make-ups
- Sept. 11th – Underclassmen Pictures
- “Don’t just teach your kids to read – teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything!” – George Carlin
Archives for August 2015
We would like to welcome all students to the 2015-16 GHS school year. Classes will begin on Monday, August 24th. Teachers and staff are ready and looking forward to beginning a new exciting year.
New students to the Goochland area were welcomed to Goochland High School at the New Student Orientation, organized by our Guidance Department and held on Thursday, August 20th. Students were offered the opportunity to visit GHS to become acquainted with the school, the staff, and activities that will be available to them for the coming school year. Student Ambassadors shared information and will provide a friendly face when they return to school on Monday, August 24th. We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Freshmen Orientation was a great success, with nearly 180 new bulldogs participating in the event. We kicked off the day with a welcome session, where students engaged in fun activities geared toward developing new friendships and nurturing old ones. Eight mini sessions were held, with each of the departments being represented. During these sessions students were informed on school values, protocols, expectations, and a student run activity pertaining to the summer reading book, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” was conducted. The icing on the cake was the club fair, where students had an opportunity to learn about all of GHS’s 35 clubs. We had a blast welcoming the class of 2019 and we look forward to a successful and fun year ahead!